2001 - 2005
- The membrane canopy spanning the Aberavon Bridge in Port Talbot wins the Institute of Civil Engineers Civic Trust Award.
- The PTFE membrane structure at West Quay, Southampton wins the Institute of Civil Engineers Award for Small Projects.
- Existing CNC Plotter is upgraded to 13.5m x 3m
- Further investment in automated High Frequency Keder manufacture, enabling annual output of 900 Km.
- The Parade Ring Structure (1250m2) at Sandown Park Racecourse wins the IFAI International Award of Excellence
- Following the atrocities of 9-11, J & J Carter supply “Stop & Search” Canopies to U.S Airforce
- Suppliers to Lonach Highland Games
- J & J Carter acquire a steel fabrication business which brings the operation in-house, increasing productivity and quality of the service.
- Keder sales to France start.
- John Carter receives The MUTA Presidents Award, presented by Ian Parkin.
- Keder sales to Finland start.
- Keder increases in popularity. J & J Carter receive an order of 120,000m of Keder from a client in Australia, the largest order ever requested.
- In a survey, our customers rate J & J Carter’s service rate at 87%.
- Following the nuclear disaster at Chernobyl, J & J Carter supplies decontamination tents to the area.