J & J Carter Ltd recognises the need for sustainable development and continually aims to improve the environmental effect of its activities.
To achieve this we will:
Establish sound environmental management by:
- Meeting or improving upon relevant legislative, regulatory and environmental codes of practice.
- Developing objectives that target environmental improvements and monitor performance by regular review.
- Consider environmental issues in the decision making process.
- Developing a relationship with suppliers and contractors so that we all recognise our environmental responsibilities.
- Educating staff so that they carry out their activities in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Promoting an appreciation of the Organisation’s environmental performance among customer, employees and the general public.
Providing for the effective use of resources by:
- Advising customers on the efficient use of energy and other utilities.
- Promoting waste minimisation by recycling or finding other uses of by-products whenever economically viable.
- Promoting the efficient use of resources, energy and fuel throughout the organisation’s operations.
- Provide information for the organisation’s products to be properly used, stored and disposed of so as to avoid unacceptable effects on the environment.
- The communities in which we operate.
- The government, regulatory bodies and other interested parties with the shared vision of being a good and trusted neighbour.
In addition to the above:
- We source where possible locally and ethically manufactured raw materials.
- Minimise processes and transportation.
- Only use materials which can be recycled or reused at the end of its life.
- We have an in-house recycling programme for all our raw materials. All recycling is undertaken within the U.K
- We use electricity within our factory from renewable sources including our solar system.